Category : Water Damage restoration Tips
Water Removal from Carpet Leads to the Perfect Damage Restoration
The house is the destination of peace after a long tiring day. It has all the commodities which are capable of providing the comfort. But, if it is attacked by water, then the entire lifestyle becomes jeopardized. The most important part of the house that gets affected by it in a very critical way is the carpet. Therefore, the water removal from carpet is the most important activity after the devastation. However, there are various reasons of this catastrophe, but some of the main reasons are as follows:
- Natural calamity
- Pipe leakage
- Kitchen sink overflow
- Slab leak
- Blocked toilet
- Washing machine overflow
These factors contribute to the entrance of water in the house, which can pose a great threat to the health of the dwellers along with the structural damage of the building.
Difficulties Faced Due to Water Damage
This catastrophe might sound a minor issue but is a major matter of concern. The problems faced when water seeps in the house are:
- Flooded basement
- Damp walls
- Soaked floors
- Poses harm to the electrical equipment
- Supports the growth of mold
Among the injuries mentioned, the mold growth is the most dangerous injury caused to the house. It has the capability to spoil the structural base of the house as well. It has components which are very harmful to the health and the changes are irreversible.
Activities Involved in the Water Removal
A competent extraction company makes the house free of moisture and restores it to its previous condition. The extraction procedure includes the following steps:
- Carpet removal
- Water extraction
- Drying the floor and wall
- Sanitizing and deodorizing
- Ensure the moisture is dried to stunt the growth of mold
- Restoration of the removed furniture pieces
Among the above-mentioned steps, the water removal from carpet involves expertise and the latest machinery in order to make it reusable, provided the damage is not extreme. However, the restoration process includes the following steps:
- Once the trace of moisture is noticed in the carpet, it should be removed immediately to stop any further damage.
- The padding should also be removed.
- It is then shampooed to remove any harmful effect imposed on it.
- The dry, as well as the wet vacuums, are used to ensure the complete extraction.
- The furniture needs to be dried as well, as it has the capacity to soak.
- Commercial fans are used to elevate the evaporation procedure.
- In most of the cases, the carpet padding cannot be saved. Therefore, it is suggested to remove for a safer installation.
- Deodorize as well as sanitize it to make it free of any odor caused by the damp.
- Steam cleaning it removes every trace of moisture from it.
- Along with it, the walls and baseboards need special attention, as the restoration work must be completed to get the best output.
It can be considered to be the most important step, as it not only gives a fresh and new feel to the house but also keeps the chances of mold growth and foul odor away.